[Typo3] How to prevent file copying in multilang sites?

Olray Dragon olray-dragon at allanime.org
Sun Aug 14 21:40:31 CEST 2005

I have the following problem:

We're preparing an english-only into a multilanguage site using TYPO3
3.7. We have a page branch with lots of "fan art" images and movies
(apoprox 300 pcs).

Unfortunately ever time a translation is made, TYPO3 seems to copy these
images to avoid problems with deletion of one language. I want it to
stop this behavior and save a few gigs on our servers hard disk and in
return I will promise to delete all translations of one record at once.

Can this be done?

Olray