[Typo3] General Approach for Finding Typo3 Classes/Methods

Nick Weisser typo3 at openstream.ch
Thu Aug 11 09:36:57 CEST 2005

Dear all,

What is your approach when you are trying to work with Typo3 classes,
but you don't know where the function (method) you are looking for is
located and how it is called?

I've just been looking for a method that returns the path to an
extension folder. I remember that there was a method particularly for
that purpose, but I can't find it anymore. At least neither in
class.tslib_pibase.php nor in class.t3lib_div.php.

Any pointer as to what would be the best (general) approach for finding
specific methods would be really appreciated.
--
Thanks in advance
Nick Weisser

Openstream Internet Solutions