[Typo3] chc forum ie bug with too large images

Horn Gábor horn.gabor at aktiv.co.hu
Tue Aug 9 11:34:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

i'm sure you already noticed that because of IE doesn't handle max-width
and max-height css properties correctly, a too large user submitted
image (with [img]..[/img] ) breaks the fixed page layout. I found a js
workaround for ie here:

http://doxdesk.com/software/js/minmax.html

but althought it limits the size of images to the defined width, it also
resizes them to 350x350 (or whatever is your .img {max-width}. Imagine
the smily pictures ..;) So althought it's funny not quite usable.

My question is could anybody solve this problem with ie?

thx, hirisov