[Typo3] symlinks for typo3

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 14:42:15 CEST 2005

>  It is my first time I am trying to put more than one typo3 on the server

Read the 'Getting Started' document available from the document library on
typo3.org it will be an eye opener for you.

Think of the src as re-usable by many installations and the packages, in
your case, the 'dummy' package is available to duplicate.

So long as each 'package' points to a src folder, ie with that main symlink
you found then it will run.

Your next consideration is databases. If you use the same database for both
your 'packages' you will write/overwrite the same data. If you want
independent installations then select two different databases to store your
data in. ie dummy1 and dummy2 or live and dev etc.

You should progress quickly, good luck
Matthew