[Typo3] Advanced Page Keywords

Anton Liebetrau antlie at gmx.ch
Sat Aug 6 11:19:59 CEST 2005

Hi cbc2,

there is a syntax error in your code (yes, the setup of the template is the
right place):

[PIDinRootline = 2]    <<-- ] instead of }
page.meta.keywords.field = keywords
page.meta.description.field = abstract
[END]

In my setup code (of the template), I set the meta tag keyword by hand in an
conditional part (it works fine):

[PIDinRootline = 24]
    # Home (and subpages)
    page.meta.keywords = Literatur, Musik
[PIDinRootline = 27]
    # Literature (and subpages)
    page.meta.keywords = Literatur, Romane, Erzahlungen, Buch-Tipps
[PIDinRootline = 26]
    # Music (and subpages)
    page.meta.keywords = Musik, Jazz, Electronic, CD-Tipps
[PIDinRootline = 25]
    # Contact (and subpages)
    page.meta.keywords = Kontakt
[PIDinRootline = 106]
    # Search (and subpages)
    page.meta.keywords = Suche
[END]

I don't know, why the fields keywords and description aren't automatically
used for the meta tags. In my opinion, the extension "Meta tags, extended"
should be installed by default (like the "Rich Text Editor" or the
"phpMyAdmin"). -- Nearly everything in Typo3 is an extension. So, don't
panic and use extensions!

Greetings, Anton