[Typo3] XML localization and special charachters

Jan Hancic typo3 at ks-con.si
Fri Aug 5 14:20:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was translating the index_search plugin to slovenian language and naturally I had to use our charachters such as cC šŠ and žŽ (c,s and z with caron).
But they did not display properly so I have used HTML entryes for them (š &#XXX;) and when I uploded the locallang.xml to the server and refreshed the page all the labesl have dissapearrd (this aproach has worked before, when localization files ware PHP files with arrays inside).
The sam happens if I convert the file to utf-8 and input this charachters directly.

Does anybody have a solution? I supose people from other countrys that uses this charachters have the same probblems

lp
Jan