[Typo3] TS JOINproblem...possible OR not ?

matthi matthibcn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 18:53:22 CEST 2005

Hello,

after I have wastes successless my afternoon and before I waste also my
evening in stead of switching over to good old php I would like to ask
if this is possible or not as I am not able to find any reference for
this on the net!

I have a TMENU to show some categories and also I add to each
categoryname the number of found items in each category using
after.numRows...so far with success.

Cat1 (3)
Cat2 (0)
Cat3 (4)

So far, so good.

Now I would like to give the user a selectorbox for quick filtering all
this items by a given province.

So it might turn out,that the formerly 4 items found in Cat3 become now
only 2 or something if the province is included in the query

The problem now is, that the itemtable holds only zipinformation for
each item, which are the uid of the members of the citytable...and this
one holds information about the corresponding province, having their uid

So first I had to look which zip I have for a given item
2nd I have to look which province that corresponds to in the citytable
3rd I should look for the clearname in the provincetable providing the
earlier catched provinceuid from the citytable

As far as I see I can´t join more than one table, I  would have to play
with 3 of them not with 2 and also I cant see the syntax for select
various tableattributes using TS

The whole thing is in a progressed developmentphase already and for that
   I would like to keep my nice TSmenu for all the categroies rather
than going directly over to php

This "filter" I want to provide now wasnt planned at first but now I
like that idea very much...

And for sure there is no way to also save the province in the itemtable
cause this would turn the DB-Design into something ridiculous...

It´s relational for something....

Hope there is some undocumented way to solve my alraedy done work

Best regards

Matthias Oesterle