[Typo3] Tackling Direct Mail

Vlatko Šurlan vsurlan at REMOVECAPITALSnet.hr
Mon Aug 1 15:24:10 CEST 2005

Marco Menke wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> about the template which you are searching for.. You have to create an extension template first (within the page you want your visitors to subscribe to the newsletter) and then add the lines from the tutorial.
>
> I think it is a better idea to move the fe_admin_dmailscrip.tpl.html to the fileadmin, it is easier to edit it there. To do so just use the following code instead of the code listed on typo3.org and copy the file contents of the fe_admin_dmailscrip.tpl.html to the fileadmin (wherever you want):
>
> plugin.feadmin.dmailsubscription.file.templateFile = fileadmin/whatever/fe_admin_dmailscrip.tpl.html
>
> The file "fe_admin_dmailscrip.tpl.html" can be found using the ext.-manager (extension direct mail / edit files)
>
> Hope this is a bit useful for you.
>
> Marco

I thought that extension template was needed, but I was thinking 'can't
be that the tutorial writer ommited this...'. Seems to me that this
tutorial needs a real rewrite to make it more 'for the dummies'.

Marco, you are more than help man! 10 points for you :)))

--
Jesus is the One who died for you!
Vlatko Šurlan