[Typo3] Inherited/Overridable Content?

Charles Rector crector at iexposure.com
Fri Apr 29 18:09:23 CEST 2005

Works great, guys.

After getting this to work, I wanted to get the entire right column to
inherit, so I did some further searching and was able to do this:

page.10.subparts.rightcolumn.stdWrap.ifEmpty {
   cObject = CONTENT
   cObject {
     table = tt_content
     select.pidInList = this
     select.orderBy = sorting
     select.where = colPos=2
   }
}

I put that in my root template, and then at each specific page where I
wanted to start the content inheritance, I put something like this:

page.10.subparts.rightcolumn.stdWrap.ifEmpty.cObject.select.pidInList = 17

The only bothersome aspect to this approach is modifying the pid for
each page. Is there perhaps a way to modify the root template so that it
checks for a flag, and if it is set the inheritance starts on that page?
That way I could paste the same line of typoscript into every page where
I want this functionality.