[Typo3] Inherited/Overridable Content?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Thu Apr 28 17:45:52 CEST 2005

>> Is there an easy way to inherit content elements in the same way
>> templates are inherited, so that they can be shared for all
>> sub-pages, but also overriden when needed?
>
> If you are not using Templa Voila you could try my extension:
>
> KB Content Slide (kb_contslide)
>
> It fetches the content from a column and displays it as usual... but
> if there is no content in the specified column on the actual page it
> fetches it's content from the parent page and from their parent if
> the parent is also empty ... until it finds content.
>
> So you can easily put the default content on your root level and
> override it by putting a different content in the specified column of
> a page deeper in the tree ...

This could give you unwanted results if there is content in the right column
of a page on a lower level which is not the rootpage.

Root -> shows content from right column
    1 -> is empty - shows rootpage content
        2 -> is not empty - shows content from right column
            3 -> is empty - but shows content from 2 instead of Root

Can be comfortable sometimes but in this case it won't work.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau