[Typo3] Inherited/Overridable Content?

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Apr 28 20:52:41 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:

> This could give you unwanted results if there is content in the right
> column of a page on a lower level which is not the rootpage.
>
> Root -> shows content from right column
>     1 -> is empty - shows rootpage content
>         2 -> is not empty - shows content from right column
>             3 -> is empty - but shows content from 2 instead of Root
>
> Can be comfortable sometimes but in this case it won't work.

I sometimes use Bernhards extension for inheriting content. Whenever I use
it, I modify the SQL query by adding the select.addWhere parameter to the
CONTENT object.

When doing this you should also add the opposite of that query to the
styles.content.get CONTENT object:

10 < styles.content.get
10.select.addWhere = AND CType != <my CType>

20 < plugin.kb_contslide
20.select.addWhere = AND CType = <my CType>

(didn't check it, but it's more or less what I have used there...)

That way I can be sure that no objects are listed twice if they are on the
current page already.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out