[Typo3] "CODE:" field in Extension

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Thu Apr 28 10:35:41 CEST 2005

Stefan Beylen wrote:

> yes, it is for a frontend plugin...but imho the backend configuration
> would be much easier by using the CODE: field as I just got two options
> to select...one should be "OVERVIEW" the other one "DETAILVIEW"...
> ...anyways, I thought in this case "CODE:" would be appropriate rather
> than using Flexforms...

I would use Flexforms from the point on where you have to extend tt_content with more than
2-3 fields.

For a single field I would choose "Extend Existing Tables" in the kickstarter and extend tt_content
with the needed "mode" field.

Then Assign the field to the FE-Plugin which should have the fields available by clicking on the
FE plugin in the kickstarter and choosing "apply tt_content fields" (or so) from the new select-box which
is there after having extended tt_content.

Then you will have the new field when inserting the plugin.

 From you extension you can access the field via:

$fieldval = $this->cObj->data['tx_myext_mode'];

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard