[Typo3] Renaming the admin folder "typo3"

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Wed Apr 27 21:39:25 CEST 2005

Dear Raymond,

http://www.google.com/search?q=rename+typo3+directory&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
> Thank you
>
> Which probably took a lot less effort ( and typing ) than being rude.

Let's say it was harsh but not rude.
Bottomline is that Michaels mail was still helpful but also stated that such
questions are not very welcome and that Google should always be used
_before_ asking here.

I'm fine with that.

> There has been an ongoing issue of rudeness within this community and on
> this mailing list. Why would anyone wish to use Typo3 with a community of
> rude people.
> I have used this mailing list, not received answers or received rude
> answers, and it makes it more difficult for me each day to wonder why I
> use this software.

I did not search for your mails but generally I have the impression that all
TYPO3 mailing lists are covered by a great, helpful - and most important -
competent community.

However it is fully acceptable for me that most of these people (me
included) are getting tired by people who are just too lazy for searching
on their own before they ask here.
Maybe that message was not presented on the silver tablet but I'm sure this
guy will remember to first visit Google next time...

> People are looking for answers is all, as there is not much available in
> documentation, and the community has to be relied on.
> I think we start showing people how nice and wonderful Typo3 is, and that
> the community supports those who wish to learn, and help those in need as
> well.

"We do" is very easy to say. It's also easy to complain.
I just write this because I see that this was your only reply during the
last seven days.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out