[Typo3] Renaming the admin folder "typo3"

Raymond Hayes openedge1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:55:44 CEST 2005

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:50:55 -0400, Michael Scharkow <mscharkow at gmx.net>
wrote:

> Amir Mualem wrote:
>> Is it possible to rename the administration folder "typo3" to something
>> like "admin_folder" or something? Would it cause any problems?
>
> Would you mind _trying_ to find that out yourself before having other
> people look for it? Google with "rename typo3 directory" yields the
> exact right page as first hit.
>
> Thank you.

Please understand, you could have easily answered this question with

Hello
   Please go here
http://www.google.com/search?q=rename+typo3+directory&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
Thank you

Which probably took a lot less effort ( and typing ) than being rude.
There has been an ongoing issue of rudeness within this community and on
this mailing list. Why would anyone wish to use Typo3 with a community of
rude people.
I have used this mailing list, not received answers or received rude
answers, and it makes it more difficult for me each day to wonder why I
use this software.
People are looking for answers is all, as there is not much available in
documentation, and the community has to be relied on.
I think we start showing people how nice and wonderful Typo3 is, and that
the community supports those who wish to learn, and help those in need as
well.
Thank you
Raymond Hayes
EVN/FFE/WEC Web support