[Typo3] Display Checkbox Values on Frontend from Database

Raymond Hayes openedge1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 15:25:11 CEST 2005

Hello All,
  These are good suggestions, and I have done the following.

-Extended FE_USERS table with new fields (checkbox array) using kickstarter.
-Added markers to templates (have used both feadmin and SRFE (the
extended registration system).
-Used Mailformplus to enter results.

  But, each will only display one result.
So, lets say for example, this is the list

Do you own one of these?
Volvo() , Toyota() , Honda() , Mazda() , etc, etc..

You can check multiple items, but when you send it, it only saves one
result in the backend and database.
(Example, I checked Volvo, and Toyota...the result after click submit
is Toyota in the backend..)
I also have tried a select box with multiple choices, but again, no result.
So, what could possibly be used to show the full results? And why
should I resort to PHP (which I have temporarily...I progammed a
display system to show the results of the database, but outside of
Typo)
  Is this a limitation of Typo? Documentation is sparse on this
subject on the Typo site as well. So, if someone could point me to the
correct documentation, it would be helpful
Thank you
Raymond Hayes