[Typo3] EXT: Flexform Help Needed

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Tue Apr 12 12:11:13 CEST 2005

Joshua Preston wrote:

> I need to write a new plugin and it has a selector box using a flexform
> that selects News Categories from the tt_new_cat table.  I have the
> field and flexform generated properly, but none of the news categories
> show up in the list to select from.  I'm guessing that the
> ###STORAGE_PID### never gets set.  How do I go about getting it to
> populate these field properly?

>                    <foreign_table>tt_news_cat</foreign_table>
>                    <foreign_table_where>AND
> tt_news_cat.pid=###STORAGE_PID### ORDER BY

i would suggest that you drop the <foreign_table> and <foreign_table_where>
statements and use instead :

<type>group</type>
<internal_type>db</internal_type>
<allowed>tt_news_cat</allowed>

This will give you an element selector with which you can choose elements from
every page ... if you have just one table in the <allowed> tag just the uid's
of the records will be stored, if you have more than one table in the allowed
tag (separated by ",") then you will have TABLE_UID values in the field which
stores the relation ...

greets,
Bernhard
--