[Typo3] Everybody's blind ?

Cyril Wolfangel c.wolfangel at mediaviz.fr
Fri Apr 8 10:31:44 CEST 2005

Hi all,
First i want to say i'm ok with your message Jacob, using picture in
menu is not good for people who need to enlarge all text in website,
but we can use "alt" and "title" for that no ?
Some example of my typo3 Gmenu, to illustrate the use of bitmap fonts.

example of GMENU elastic with bitmap fonts and shadow

I can't have this precision with fonts like arial, and i still don't
know why freetype 2 don't manage fonts very well.
An other example, screenshots of "normal" fonts, same size, first made
with photoshop and 2nd with Typo3.

The first test made with photoshop, Arial, Size 12, antialias no.

Second, with freetype in typo3 with these settings:

  10 = TEXT
  10.text.field = title
  10.fontFile = fileadmin/fonts/arial.ttf
  10.fontSize = 12
  10.niceText = 0
  10.antialias = 0

They don't have the same width !! and look the accuracy with these zoom
picture.

Ok, that' all folks :) and i apologize for my english.