[Typo3] class.t3lib_db.php and CONCAT

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Apr 5 14:39:10 CEST 2005

>> If yes: Is there a workaround that will keep my code "DBAL
>> compatible"?
>
> afaik the typo3 dbal uses the adodb libaries. for adodb there is
> function concat (http://phplens.com/lens/adodb/docs-adodb.htm#concat)
> which abstracts the function for different databases. maybe you can
> figure out if you can use this somehow, our karsten can give some
> feedback on this matter!?

Well - just to make clear, what I want to do:

UPDATE table SET field=CONCAT(field,',username:value');

This works fine for me.

I just want to make sure this will work when the user installs my extensions
on a non MySQL based system.
What I read in ExtDevEval -> DB is that you should use exec_UPDATE only. But
there's no CONCAT available and I would have to do it with PHP.
Maybe I just misunderstood what these predefined functions are for?

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau