[Typo3] class.t3lib_db.php and CONCAT

Kraft Bernhard kraftb at gmx.net
Tue Apr 5 14:51:06 CEST 2005

JoH wrote:

> UPDATE table SET field=CONCAT(field,',username:value');

I had the problem that I needed to do:

UPDATE table SET field=field+1;

which is similar to your problem (you want to increase some value).

The guys on the dev list told me to just use

$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql()

function. They meant than everything get's handled by DBAL. If you look into the sourcecode
of t3lib_db you will see that this is of course not true ... but AFAIK DBAL will be something
which replaces t3lib_db via XCLASS ....

so pherhaps the ->sql() function parameters get parsed into commands which can be understood
by every DB .... but I don't know exactly about this and you will need to ask Karsten ...

greets,
Bernhard
--
Kraft Bernhard