[Typo3] Why is the 'Dummy' site 40MB?

Mike Kendall typo3 at anothervision.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 12:06:55 CEST 2005

Hi Rob

Thanks for your reply... Yes 40MB was fine when I built it locally. And you're right there's a lot of learning that goes on at high speed when implementing your first typo3... it's a big, flexible and powerful system for sure.

It's just that it feels a bit excessive when some of the duplicated (and never used) image and media libraries (tslib's is almost 2MB and seems pretty much the same as the root level media directory) take up more space than the graphics for the whole of the actual site.

I was FTPing to the client's webspace  and it was a little chuggy watching all those duplicate 'emoticon' directories going up... : )

Thanks for the tip about symlinks... is it easy to find documentation for some handy hints?

- Mike Kendall (mikekendall)