[TYPO3-dev] Remove tabs from page settings

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Sep 4 12:57:02 CEST 2017

Hi "the answer",

First of all, it's common in the TYPO3 community to use our own names.
After all we're all people sharing things with other people. It would be
great if you could somehow use your name in your posts.

On 03/09/2017 10:59, the answer wrote:
> I would like to delete/disable certain tabs in the page setting page for
> editor users. Can this be achieved through basic configuration?

Yes, you can disable any field in any table.

https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TSconfigReference/PageTsconfig/TCEform/Index.html#pagetceformconfobj

If there are no fields left to display on a tab the tab will
automatically be hidden.

If you only want to use these settings for a certain user or group you
can set it in the User TSconfig fields of that user or group.
If you want to set Page TSconfig properties in User TSconfig just put
"page." in front of it:

page.TCEFORM.pages.title.disabled = 1

To hide the title field in page properties for a user/group.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Core Team Member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!