[TYPO3-dev] Creating tables via tca file

NGUYEN Duc Quan quan at apart.lu
Thu Apr 6 17:17:58 CEST 2017

Hi,

I recently had an issue which caused a strange behavior and I am wondering if this is something usable.

Scenario:

1a) I created a tca file "tx_myextension_domain_model_something" with all the usual tca stuff in it
1b) I forgot to define the create statement in the ext_tables.sql file
2) I went to the "Install Tool" and clicked the "Compare current database with specification"

=> the database analyser still gives me the option to create the table "tx_myextension_domain_model_something" but with only the l10n field

Does this mean that it would be possible to define the whole db table via tca and the ext_tables.sql file would be obsolete? And I am just missing the knowledge to do so.

This would be a nice thing since it eliminates an additional task.

I am using Typo3 8.7.0 LTS.

Cheers,
Quan