[TYPO3-dev] Use case print version of search result

Stefan Padberg post at bergische-webschmiede.de
Thu Jan 28 08:40:01 CET 2016

Am 27.01.2016 um 21:32 schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 27/01/2016 07:52, Stefan Padberg wrote:
>> To generate a print version link with f:link.action and format="print"
>> is not sufficient because the form data to get the search result is not
>> transmitted to the server. So only the search form is reloaded and
>> presented as print version.
>
> If I understand you correctly you need to submit a form with a POST
> action to get the result.

correct.

> If the result page also has the form filled with the submitted data then
> it's an easy task: use JavaScript to add the format=print and submit the
> form again.

Where should the format=print be added? I tried to add it in the f:form
tag but this resulted in an Fluid error.

If I am forced to use Javascript anyway the JS script could take care of
the whole print version generation. In this way I do not generate
serverload. There are several very good scripts available.

> If you run into cHash issues you can configure the installation (see
> Install Tool) to exclude some parameters (e.g. the format parameter)
> from the cHash calculation.

A pure PHP solution could work when I exclude the search parameters from
the cHash calculation then? Or do I have to trasnmit the parameters by
GET to get this to work?

Unfortunately the article "The Mysteries of cHash" has disappeared from
typo3.org. My own knowledge of the cHash mechanism is too low. I always
was recurring on this article when I had questions in this field.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Bergische Webschmiede