[TYPO3-dev] AbstractPlugin vs ActionController

NGUYEN Duc Quan quan at apart.lu
Thu Jan 7 09:55:44 CET 2016

Hi,

I am beginning to create extensions and plugins recently. While reading docs, forum threads, tutorials and code I stumbled over the classes AbtractPlugin and ActionController.

I did some searching about the differences and why/when to use which one. I couldn't get a clear answer so I was wondering if someone could give me more informations about the differences.

I am assuming that abstractplugin is for creating frontend plugins rendered with css_styled_content and actioncontroller is a more general way to compute content which should be outputted by a plugin?

Thanks for your help!