[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.2, Powermail and PHP-Version

Stefan Padberg post at bergische-webschmiede.de
Mon Feb 22 12:31:25 CET 2016

Am 22.02.2016 um 11:04 schrieb Stefan Padberg:
> Hi,
>
> TYPO3 6.2 has a minimum requirement of PHP 5.3.
>
> Powermail has since at least since Powermail 2.20 a minimum requirement
> of 5.5.
>
> It happened to me to work on a TYPO3 server with 6.2 and PHP 5.3. After
> updating to the current Powermail 2.23. During the updating process
> there was no hint that the PHP version is to low.
>
> After successfully updating Powermail, the backend did not work anymore.
>
> After I understood the reason I set Powermol to "inactive" in the
> PackagesState.php and emptied the typo3temp directory.
>
> But still the system does not work. I dont see any error messages just a
> white screen, both in BE and FE.
>
> How can I proceed in re-activating the system?

I had to debug directly the TYPO3 code and found out that the
PackageStates.php was corrupted. Honestly I could not see any wrong
syntax, but after eliminating the parts that I had changed the system
started again. Strange...

> Why could I install Powermail 2.23 without being PHP the correct
> version? I think the extension manager should block this.

This is still something that I am wondering of.

Regards
stefan

--
Bergische Webschmiede