[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 6.2, Powermail and PHP-Version

Stefan Padberg post at bergische-webschmiede.de
Mon Feb 22 11:04:19 CET 2016

Hi,

TYPO3 6.2 has a minimum requirement of PHP 5.3.

Powermail has since at least since Powermail 2.20 a minimum requirement
of 5.5.

It happened to me to work on a TYPO3 server with 6.2 and PHP 5.3. After
updating to the current Powermail 2.23. During the updating process
there was no hint that the PHP version is to low.

After successfully updating Powermail, the backend did not work anymore.

After I understood the reason I set Powermol to "inactive" in the
PackagesState.php and emptied the typo3temp directory.

But still the system does not work. I dont see any error messages just a
white screen, both in BE and FE.

How can I proceed in re-activating the system?

Why could I install Powermail 2.23 without being PHP the correct
version? I think the extension manager should block this.

regards
stefan

--
Bergische Webschmiede