[TYPO3-dev] Composer include extension with dependencies

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Mon Feb 8 18:06:15 CET 2016

Hi Josef!

Currently in 6.2, there is no way to circumvent this error, except that
you make "Packages/Libraries" your vendor directory and have this
Directory available in PATH_site so that TYPO3 can scan and detect
composer packages in there.

In general with the current state of composer support in TYPO3 I cannot
recommend to put dependencies to composer packages in extensions, even
if they are private.
Always only put them into your root composer.json file.

Jozef Spisiak wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a TYPO3 6.2 nad 7.6 installations made with composer for development of extension. This extension is in private repository, so I include it using "vcs" and require section of the main composer file. On 7.6 it works fine, however on 6.2 I cannot include it, since I am getting error that the dependency library from the extension is not installed. Did anyone got working on 6.2 extension with dependency on composer mode? How do I disable composer mode on 6.2?
>
> Thank you
> Jozef

Kind regards,
Helmut