[TYPO3-dev] What is the right way to upgrade TYPO3 v4.5x to v7.5.0

Ghanshyam B. Gohel ghanshyam.typo3developer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 21:06:03 CEST 2015

Hello TYPO3 dev,

Why upgrade?
- Security reason.
- Support editor with every browser, new features
- Awesome backend and many more reasons

What I did till:
way 1. rebuild site and convert alle custom piBase extension to extBase, upgrade alle t3 old version to new version and enter data.

way 2. followed instructions of upgrade LTS to LTS
- https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide/UpgradeLTS/Index.html
- custom piBase extension was not supported so I have to convert into extBase some of reason t3lib, t3lib_div(generalutility), t3lib_... or?

way 3. your?

Please share your opinion, experienced with upgrade v4.5 LTS to v7.x LTS, any issues, easy steps, methods or any extensions which helps to upgrade like smoothmigration, anythings or your single line reply might helps a lot.

Thank you,
Ghanshyam

Inspiring people to share! Never forget that, my friends! - kasper