[TYPO3-dev] 6.2: Issue with backend module templates after converting sys_template to InnoDB

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun May 3 15:33:30 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 02/05/2015 09:56, g4-lisz at tonarchiv.ch wrote:
>> There shouldn't be a problem. TYPO3 uses sorting per page/folder and
>> should return the templates in the right order anyway.
> There shouldn't. But apparently there is an issue with my table, which
> only appears when data is retourned ordered by Uid. This is not an
> question of DB engine tpye, but an issue of changing the sequence of
> data when returned from DB.
> I can simply proof this when I modify the MyISAM table like this:
>    ALTER TABLE `sys_template` ORDER BY `uid` ;
>
>  From this moment backend templates won't work any more.
>
> There must be some issue in T3 core. I find no other way to explain this
> issue.

I tried this, switching to MyISAM, changing order, switching back to
InnoDB and nothing was broken. Everywhere in the core where I found a
use of sys_template it was either fetching templates by uid or with an
order by sorting.

There isn't some issue with templates marked as root or some other
obscure difference somehow?

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor