[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-core] [Poll[ Integrate Speaking URLs in to TYPO3 CMS7

Ivano Luberti luberti at archicoop.it
Tue Mar 17 13:47:09 CET 2015

introduction package addresses integration of a speaking url solution
out of the box for simple web sites or quickstart development.
So it is possible to provide realurl with no heavy configuration.

But what happens if realurl is not maintained anymore, for whatever reason?

so +1 for integrating a speaking url solution

If RealUrl is chosen then I would try to guarantee Introduction Package
to be realeased with any CMS delivery

This seems to me the less costly solution and would satisfy the majority
of TYPO3 users, I believe

Il 15/03/2015 17:21, Benjamin Mack ha scritto:
> Hey everybody,
>
> in the past years, there were (in my eyes) quite a majority of claiming
> that "Speaking URLs" in a enterprise manner should be part of the core.
>
> Although I am in strong favor of having a small core itself, I see a big
> need for supporting Routing / Speaking URLs out-of-the-box as part of
> the easeness for a simple setup for newbies and the maintenance within
> the Active Contributors. This is the main goal what we want to achieve
> with CMS7. However, this is an important topic which is why I'd like to
> hear your opinion on how we should approach this topic. Here are some
> options from the top of my head, where I'd like your feedback:
>
> 1) Integrate RealURL as additional system extension, stabilize for CMS 7
> usage for maximum performance and current PHP 5.5 code base. Slowly
> implement a new routing alternative (maybe Dmitry's RealURL 2) for CMS8
> or CMS9 based on standards that are up-to-date and easier to configure.
>
> Advantages: Migration for 99% of existing systems should be no problem,
> people who want to use CoolURI can still run the core without realurl
> installed. Core updates should be no problem at all anymore when using
> realurl as before.
>
> Disadvantages: Heavy configuration for any kind of configuration will be
> kept for another 2 major releases until we have a new / better solution.
>

> 2) Come up with a full-fletched URL generating alternative for CMS7. I'm
> in favor of something like the ChainRouter of Symfony2 CMF Routing
> Framework (see http://symfony.com/doc/master/cmf/book/routing.html)
>
> Advantages: Clean base starting today.
>
> Disadvantages: Might not be as feature-complete as RealURL is now
> (multi-language, multi-domain etc.). Migration for older systems might
> be more difficult.
>

> 3) A different idea which I didn't see yet?
>

> Let me know what you think - Thanks for your input!
>
> Keep on contributing!
> Benni.

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa