[TYPO3-dev] Set up new TYPO3 project with composer

Philipp Wrann philippwrann at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:06:27 CEST 2015

Thanks again.

I will use mostly private extensions and therefore load them via git. But good to know, i think i would go for the symlink implementation.

> It's my understanding that people in or close to the core team are working on these issues.

Good to hear.

At the moment - if you use typo3 as git submodule and you manage the used version via tag (eg checkout TYPO3_7-3-0) - you are challenged to run composer install/update to avoid fatal errors (autoloader). So you are pointen to composer directly. Because of this reason i finally decided to use composer as dependency manager for new projects.

But new projects using TYPO3 7 LTS cant be installed via composer, it results in fatal errors.

I think this is currently a huge problem as it will frustrate people new to TYPO3.CMS!

Additionally the way a project is instanciated via composer is not very intelligent i think, you should have more influence on this (public folder, etc).

I have very little and limited knowledge of composer (after 3 days of using it) but i think its TYPO3 implementation needs some love :)

I would like to participate one day when my skills (knowledge of the typo3 environment and workflows) catch up.