[TYPO3-dev] Set up new TYPO3 project with composer

Hannes Lau office at hanneslau.de
Tue Jun 23 17:41:07 CEST 2015

On 23.06.15 17:00, Philipp Wrann wrote:
> Found it out:
>
> "scripts" : {
>      "post-install-cmd" : "ln -s ../../../..
> Packages/Libraries/typo3/cms/typo3/contrib/vendor"
> }

Yes, thats right. And there is another gotcha:

The TYPO3 extensions on composer.typo3.org expect to be installed by one
of the typo3/cms-composer-installers. If you 'replace' the installer,
without providing your own implementation and add a TYPO3 extension as a
requirement, you will end up with: "Unknown downloader type: t3x".

Example composer.php:
{
	"repositories": [
		{
			"type": "composer",
			"url": "http://composer.typo3.org/"
		}
	],
	"require": {
		"typo3/cms": "^7.3",
		"typo3-ter/news": "*"
	},
	"replace": {
		"typo3/cms-composer-installers":"*"
	}
}

To my eyes, there a two ways to avoid this:
* Use git repositories to source the extensions, instead of the
typo3.org composer repository.

* Provide your own implementation of cms-composer-installers. You could
download them to ./vendor/$vendorname/$extensionkey and add a symlink
from typo3conf/ext, so TYPO3 CMS will find them.

It's my understanding that people in or close to the core team are
working on these issues.

Cheers,
Hannes