[TYPO3-dev] 7.0.2: How to display flashMessages from the initialization phase of a controller

Thomas Hucke thucke at web.de
Sun Jan 11 18:15:10 CET 2015

Hi,

in my controller I'm using initializeAction() method.
Now it could be that I'd configuration validation check being done there
would like to fire flashMessages to the FE.
Unfortunately the method addFlashMessage() throws an error (calling method
of a non-object).
The reason is that AbstractController uses
$this->controllerContext->getFlashMessageQueue() ... but
$this->controllerContext is not initialized when procession
initializeAction().

Now I've got the idea using the signalSlotHandler
'emitBeforeCallActionHandler' for adding the messages which brings me to the
next issue (see 'TYPO3 7.0.2: Cannot connect to signalSlot' in this list).
Does anybody have another idea how to add those flashMessages whithout
having to call a method in every actionHandler?

Thanks
Thomas