[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 language overlay issue

Gion Koch gionantoni.koch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:52:37 CET 2015

Greetings

I would like to bring up the subject regarding typo3 language overlay issues in extbase extensions. At the moment, in 6.2 LTS, it doesn't seem to be possible to display records of another language in the frontend. For example displaying french records on the german page.

I have two languages on the page, German and French, and I set respectSysLanguage to false.
It seems that all the records get overlaid from the ORM. Even default language records get overlaid with the data from the localized records on the french page.

The idea is to have an extension where the Frontend User can edit records for multiple languages, but still use the Typo3 localization approach.

I saw there is a bug report for this particular issue: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/47192

The last update indicates 7.1 as the target version. Why won't the patch be applied to the LTS? Before 6.2 I had no problems implementing such extensions, but now all seems too strict. Is there perhaps another approach to do that? I would like to avoid working with custom queries and to do it without the ORM.

Greetings
Gion