[TYPO3-dev] In piBase extension extbase object properties empty

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Feb 18 16:40:55 CET 2015

Hi,

On 18/02/2015 16:05, Reinis Zumbergs wrote:
> I'm using extbase repository class in piBase extension.
> TCA is fine - I can edit the records in BE. Model class also is filled
> with properties, setters and getters.
>
> Querying works somewhat fine (can query by certain property values).
> BUT all the objects from query result have empty properties (except uid
> and pid).
>
> If I do $itemRepository->add($item) the record is saved in DB, but again
> - all properties, including pid are empty.
>

> Does anyone know any public code, that is doing similar thing and works?
> Maybe some hints where to start debugging?

Honestly, I wouldn't try to do this. In piBase extensions you have to do
all the work yourself; build queries, process data, prepare output and
so on. In extbase extensions there is quite a bit of "magic" going on
behind the scenes.

If you want to do all the initializing that happens automatically in
Extbase yourself then you have a lot of work ahead of you.

The easiest way to get the data is to simply execute a few queries
yourself and process the data. That is after all the usual way to handle
it in piBase extensions.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor