[TYPO3-dev] Where´s extTables.php in Typo3 7.4?

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Fri Aug 28 15:14:59 CEST 2015

Am 28.08.15 um 13:54 schrieb Ernst Fall:
> Good day!
> I´m trying to add some fields into the backend to get some values into
> the rendered HTML-page.
> Soä I found this
> https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/ExtbaseFluidBook/6-Persistence/2-configure-the-backends-inputforms.html
> documentation, which seems quite suitable. But I can´t find the
> extTables.php-file anymore. I just checked a Typo3 6.2-powered page and
> found it in typo3conf/extTables.php. With Typo3 7.4.0 I don´t see it :-(
>
> Do you have any ideas where the file is located? Or is there a better
> approach in 7.4 to add fields to the backend?

the better approach is to use an extension.
a minimal extension would consist of just a few files
./em_conf.php
./ext_tables.sql
./Configuration/TCA/Overrides/<tablename>.php

./ext_tabels.php is not neccessary any more

[1]
https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/ExtendingTca/StoringChanges/Index.html

bernd
--