[TYPO3-dev] Strange issues with prefixId in TYPO3 6.2

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Fri Apr 3 16:06:23 CEST 2015

Hi all,

For the second time I ran into strange issues caused by having the very common line

	var $prefixId = 'extensionname';

in pibase plugins in a 6.2 installation.

It results in pages showing content from another page (usually homepage or 404),
without being redirected, url stays the same. With Xdebug I can see that the
plugin on the page causing the problem is not even executed. I don't see any
errors in Apache logs or syslog.

Removing the line (if it's not used), or changing the name of the variable
solves the issue. That's good, but I have absolutely no clue why this is
happening. Somebody with a clever idea? Something that has been changed from 4.5
to 6.2 regarding the prefixId class variable?

Thanks!
Loek