[TYPO3-dev] How to check credentials for FE-user?

Jost Baron jost.baron at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 18:32:42 CEST 2014

Hi Charles,

This only works if EXT:saltedpasswords is used. This is currently the
case, as the extension is mandatory part of the core. But if either
this extension is replaced, or another authentication method is used
(e.g. OpenID, or something else), this will break.

I'd like to have a generic method to check a users credentials, no
matter how they are checked (not always possible, then an error should
be thrown).

I have found the class "AuthenticationService" [1], but no
documentation on how it is intended to be used. It looks like each
authentication service is part of some service chain, where each one
does some modifications.

Regards,
Jost

[1]: