[TYPO3-dev] Typo3 FTP

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Sep 2 13:57:44 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 2-9-2014 12:19, Tina Ge wrote:
> What I have done is that I have made a new part of an existing website
> that uses Typo3. I have used Incomedia website x5. What I want to do is
> to publish this part to a server that uses Typo3. I`m not that familiar
> with Typo3 so I appreciate all the help I can get.

TYPO3 keeps information of pages and page content in a database. It
takes care of generating the menu and URL format for these pages.

You can put a separate website next to it if you have created for
example static HTML files. The normal .htaccess configuration will allow
static HTML files and anything else will be directed to TYPO3.

Let's assume that your new HTML pages will be uploaded to the directory
"newpart" then this will happen:

- http://www.domain.ext -> TYPO3
- http://www.domain.ext/path/to/some/page/ -> TYPO3
- http://www.domain.ext/newpart/page1.html -> your new part
- http://www.domain.ext/newpart/non-existing-page.html -> TYPO3

(depending on the configuration of TYPO3 these URLs can be resolved and
a page is shown or a 404 page not found is shown)

Note that your newly created HTML files will not be included in any of
the TYPO3 menus or search results.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor