[TYPO3-dev] Better use pibase while everyone use extbase?

Daniel Siepmann daniel.siepmann at typo3.org
Sat Oct 4 14:15:52 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

why should I use extbase to develop extensions? Everyone says it's future
proof.
But why? Extbase get a lot more work and deprecation stuff than pibase.
I think there were no changes to the old school way since years. But you
have many issues in extbase and you need workaround.
After some versions some things broke and work completely different.

So why should I use extbase if I won't migrate the extension to TYPO3 Flow
/ Neos in the future?
Additionally pibase is much faster as it isn't a full blown framework.

Currently I develop using plain old school PHP using SCBase and pibase
together
with Fluid as fluid is the best way for me compared to old marker or plain
PHP templates.

And it's fast and make fun. I still can work using MVC and all the other
stuff as it's not the framework,
but the developer who decides how to program.

Regards, Daniel.

--
Daniel Siepmann
TYPO3 Editorial Team Co-Leader