[TYPO3-dev] Change the page title

Christian Futterlieb christian at futterlieb.ch
Tue May 27 13:10:20 CEST 2014

Hi Philipp

> Okay, now i am very confused - when reloading a page with Ctrl+r i get the wront title, when loading it with ctrl+f5 i get the correct one, when reloading the page in source-view (firefox) i get the correct page title.
>
> But i do really get the different returns from the server, when i inspect the request and look at the html return the title is different - depending on request (ctrl+r/ctrl+f5)

The page title goes into the page cache. This cache is not loaded, when
one of those HTTP headers is sent to the server: 'Cache-Control:
no-cache' or 'Pragma: no-cache'. Which is the case when hitting
CTRL+SHIFT+r, but this depends on Browser. Anyway you can see check the
request headers in network panel of firefox.

With config.debug = 1 you can visualize whether the page was loaded from
cache or not: a html comment will be appended to the page content:
<!-- Cached page generated 27-05-14 12:27. Expires 03-06-14 12:27 -->

> And exact that was the problem
>
> I had an uncached plugin (indexed_search) in my template, that forced
> all pages to be parseed through that function and there is the problem...
>
> I dont know if its a bug or if i configured something wrong.
>
> Now i removed the indexed_search plugin from my template and simply
> placed the raw html code instead and my cached plugins have the correct
> pagetitle.
>
> I think there is some mismatch when inserting the page title, it should
> be linked by the chash, but works with some other hash.
I think it's a good idea to avoid the inclusion of the uncached plugin
on every page. But I can't imagine, what the exact problem is, sorry :(
..because adding an uncached plugin should imo not break page caching?

Regards, Christian