[TYPO3-dev] Extending existing domain model - new fields not added to TCA

Torben Hansen hansen at skyfillers.com
Fri May 16 11:50:31 CEST 2014

What I'm trying to do sounds really simple. Create an extension with one field, and then create another extension, that extends the first extension with another field. I'm pretty sure Extension Builder can do this out of the box and I'm able to get things working with TYPO4 4.5, but not with TYPO3 6.2.

I'm using TYPO3 6.2.2 and Extension Builder 6.2 and do the following:

1. Create new extension with extension builder (vendor: TEST, extension key: mytest1)
2. Create a new table with the name "table1"
3. Create a new propery for table1 called "title1"
4. Save extension
5. Install extension

Now I want to extend the extension "mytest1" with a new field. I want to do this with a new extension, so I do the following:

1. Create another extension with extension builder (vendor: TEST, extension key: mytest2)
2. Create a new table with the name "table1"
3. In the field "Extend existing model class" I enter the class "\TEST\Mytest1\Domain\Model\Table1"
4. Create a new property called "title2"
5. Save extension
6. Install extension

I would now expect, that the TCA got extended with 2 fields (tx_extbase_type and title2). Actually TCA does not contain anything about the new field I added in "mytest2", so the new fields are not visible in TYPO3 backend.

Can anybody reproduce this problem? I tried this on 3 different TYPO3 sites all with the same result.

Best regards
Torben