[TYPO3-dev] Git question: working around Gerrit exceptionally?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed May 14 18:18:32 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I would have the need to bypass Gerrit for a one-shot thing.

Here's my situation: it's about the devlog extension. There was an
attempt in the past to write it anew, using Extbase and ExtJS. This was
never completed and now ExtJS is not advised anymore. In the meantime,
compatibility upgrades were prepared on the "devlog-2_9" branch. This is
causing no end of confusion, with people checking out the "master"
branch and stumbling upon an unusual and only partly working version of
devlog.

After googling a bit I attempted the following:

git branch -m master devlog-3_old
git branch -m devlog-2_9 master

Next I'm supposed to do

git push -f origin master

but this fails - of course - since pushed are supposed to go to Gerrit.
Is it possible to bypass Gerrit for a case like this?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch