[TYPO3-dev] DAM fields not migrated to FAL?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Sun May 11 10:10:18 CEST 2014

Hi Stephan,

>> we_dam2fal says that it's for TYPO3 6.0.0-6.1.99, so why do you want/try
>> to use it with 6.2?
>>

> thanks for your suggestion.
> that's exactly what i did now.
> it was for me the overall question if there is any chance to migrate
> those fields...

Yes, but not with FAL. FAL is not meant as being a drop-in replacement
for DAM but kind of a "mini-dam". A system extension (filemetadata)
provides even more metadata if you need more than what is the "basic
FAL" but even there, it does not cover "everything" but only some "sane
base".

If you need more, you have to create/use a dedicated extension extending
FAL with additional fields. That's basically what Jigal already answered
you yesterday.

Kind regards

--
Xavier Perseguers