[TYPO3-dev] Improve EXT:coreapi [Google Summer of Code project]

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon May 5 23:25:05 CEST 2014

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Kowalke wrote:

> Now I am asking you (as the community of TYPO3) which features do you
> like to see in the CoreAPI. It would be nice if you could vote for one
> or the other feature, so that we can compile some milestones out of this.

Generic table management (minor)
* select table,uid CRUD
* list table, filtered by search word (like in list module)
* select columns to show
* print as csv list
  choose either uid, names or both for related elements
  e.g. csv export from backend always displays names, but this cannot be
  imported later again

Install/ maintenance stuff (more important)
* set/unset/display all TYPO3_CONF_VARS
* run core update (install tool)
* run db compare from cli
* run broken ext check
* run opcode cache clearing
* run cache clearing
* set preset
* create DB dump without temp tables
* create DB dump without temp and user tables (for test systems, etc)
  we will need a new setting to keep track of those tables
* DB update for single extension

I would focus on maintenance stuff first and do the table management later
on.

CRUD might be more fun with a PHP console.

BTW, what format shall be used for CRU operations? CSV, JSON or XML?

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!