[TYPO3-dev] Improve EXT:coreapi [Google Summer of Code project]

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Mon May 5 23:09:54 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am one of the accepted students for GSoC this year. Felix Oertel
(@foertel) and I doing a mentor-student tandem because we both live in
the beautiful city of Flensburg.

I applied for improving the extension CoreAPI[1] which was originally
initiated by Tobias Liebig (@etobi). In my application I add these goals
which I like to accomplish:

* manage users (list, create, update, delete)
* lock/unlock the TYPO3 backend
* run/check the reports from the reports module
* list, get and set TYPO3 configurations
* create a database dump
* print the page tree and partial trees (on CLI)

This topics were mainly taken from the GSoC ideas page [2]. You might
also find the following ideas there, which doesn't made it into the
application (can't remember why anymore):

* list content/records on pages
* generic create/update/delete records (and not doing the plain SQL, but
using the DataHandler (aka tcemain)!)
* update an extension from TER

Now I am asking you (as the community of TYPO3) which features do you
like to see in the CoreAPI. It would be nice if you could vote for one
or the other feature, so that we can compile some milestones out of this.

Thanks in advance
Stefano

[1] https://github.com/etobi/ext-coreapi
[2] http://wiki.typo3.org/Gsoc2014/Ideas#Extend_EXT:coreapi