[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 16:41:40 CEST 2014

Hi, Marc

> Bad:
> l10n_parent is 0 which is absolutely correct as a FAL relation added to
> a translated record set has no parent. Sadly extbase seems to refuse to
> fetch translated FAL relations with l10n_parent = 0.

Yes, and that is another part of a story.
I can see at least this [1] issue at Forge, related to FAL translation problems. This is something different form what I know, but looks similar. With the only exception, that in my case no record is fetched, but in the issue it is said, taht original resource is shown instead. Maybe, it is because TYPO3 CMS 6.2 is mentioned in the issue, but I have not yet worked with it. My experience is based on 6.0 and 6.1

Also I see another issue [2] at Forge, which is partly (or fully ?) related to Extbase handling of translations. Unfortunately issue is about TS select() function and I have no clue, does it affect also an Extbase records fetching mechanism or not.
Would be nice to get feedback from someone with TYPO3 6.2 experience and know if it also fixes Extbase issue with translations or not.
And if not, I'd also like to know, if there is a report on Forge about Extbase problem with localizations, which don't have master record. I wasn't able to find something similar at Forge.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/57272
[2] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/49106