[TYPO3-dev] Re: Once again - the future of TYPO3 templating/grid approaches

Gernot Ploiner gp at webprofil.at
Thu Jun 26 15:41:44 CEST 2014

Hello,

im the main developer of TYPO3 Mask. I want to give you some aswers.

I was on some TYPO3camps in the last years. And on every camp was the same discussion: How do you make FCEs and integrate different page Templates? The answers was like in the document on google docs "TYPO3 Templating Evaluation - TUGCGN#6
". In Mallorca and in Regensburg we created a very similar document like yours. The result was: Only Templavoila do what the most people are searching for. Other Extensions do only parts of them.

Templavoila is out, because it is a big thing with own page module, future is unsure, and so on. And Templavoila - and all other solutions (until end of 2013) - stores content only in XML (Flexform). And noboy like that!

So we had an idea: We create an extension, which does all of them:
- page templates, extendable
- flexible content elements
- data storing in tt_content and pages tables, not in flexform
- and very important: a very good usability!
This are only the main features. For more information look on our websites.

At the moment we are searching for people and companies who like our Extension and support us on Startnext: http://www.startnext.at/en/mask
We have future plans to make a templavoila converter for old projects and a repository to share FCEs.

We dont having problems to working together with other developers. But we dont want to give up Mask, because it makes fun and it is our Baby :-) We don't want to get in rivalry with other extensiondevelopers. They have there own Babies and very good concepts and ideas. I'll be sure that TYPO3 would be greater, if there is more than one solution and integrators can choose their preferred way.

Gernot