[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Marc Wöhlken woehlken at quadracom.de
Thu Jun 26 13:42:58 CEST 2014

Hi Viktor!
Am 26.06.2014 13:32, schrieb Viktor Livakivskyi:
>> Your workaround seems to work in cases where the child record is part of
>> the domain model (of type Vendor\Product\Domain\Model\Child). Can this
>> be applied to my use case where the relation to images/files is a
>> problem which are (of course?!) not part of my domain model?
>
> Yes, you are free to use any realtions. They don't foreced to be part of your domain. The only requirement is existance of repository of a model, taht you're relating to. In case of FAL - the right place is TYPO3\CMS\Core\Resource\FileRepository method findByRelation()
Thanks for pointing that out.

>> Does all this imply that the provided TCA config created by
>> \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::getFileFieldTCAConfig()
>> won't work at all in regards to translations?
>
> No :)
> This method is just a wrapper for common FAL TCA configuration. You can do all same by yourself, but will get same result. The problem is, actually, even not related to FAL, but to Core and Extbase.
> In general case: translations have master record - all works, like it should. But in case, when translations don't have master record, Core and Extbase fail to produce correct objects references and collections.
This is a real mess. Wondering why this hasn't been fixed already as it
seems to be a pretty substantial bug.

One last question: Why does the File/Image translation handling work for
standard CEs like "Text w image" and "Images"? Are they handled differently?

Regards
Marc

Marc Wöhlken                     TYPO3 certified integrator

Quadracom - Proffe & Wöhlken

Rembertistraße 32              WWW: http://www.quadracom.de
D-28203 Bremen                E-Mail: woehlken at quadracom.de
______________             PGP-Key: http://pgp.quadracom.de