[TYPO3-dev] Translation problem when using FAL

Marc Wöhlken woehlken at quadracom.de
Thu Jun 26 12:57:17 CEST 2014

Hi Viktor!
Am 26.06.2014 11:49, schrieb Viktor Livakivskyi:

> This is a known 4 years old issue with IRRE child records. You can find it in TYPO3 Forge [1].
> As a result this issue blocks FAL issue [2]
>
> But even with these issue resolved Extbase still will not give you the desired result. Becasue it always looks for a master record prior to fetching localizations. Therefore you need to make small workaround, which I outlined in a gist [3].
> After issue form Forge are resolved, datahandler hooks form my gist will no longer be needed.
Thanks for you hints, wasn't aware of those issues.

Your workaround seems to work in cases where the child record is part of
the domain model (of type Vendor\Product\Domain\Model\Child). Can this
be applied to my use case where the relation to images/files is a
problem which are (of course?!) not part of my domain model?

Does all this imply that the provided TCA config created by
\TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::getFileFieldTCAConfig()
won't work at all in regards to translations?

Hope I understood your hints correctly, would be nice to hear from you
again.

Bye
Marc

Marc Wöhlken                     TYPO3 certified integrator

Quadracom - Proffe & Wöhlken

Rembertistraße 32              WWW: http://www.quadracom.de
D-28203 Bremen                E-Mail: woehlken at quadracom.de
______________             PGP-Key: http://pgp.quadracom.de